Seasonal Affect Disorder – Don’t Believe the Hype!
During this time of year a lot of us may have “daylight” issues with the turning back of the clocks through most of the United States. If you live in one of our wintery/cold areas, then you very well may not be getting enough daylight. Seasonal affect disorder is real, however you can combat it and detour away from depression over the long winter months.
First and foremost, don’t give into the concept that you have this disorder. Positive self-talk and daily affirmations, meditations, etc. are very beneficial during the long winter months, if not mandatory. However if you still feel that you struggle with this ailment, here are some things that will keep you uplifted and bright.
- Try to get as much sunlight as you can, draw back your curtains, act like a cat and lay in the sunlight. This can help immensely even if just for a few minutes a day.
- Another great tip, which I can personally say saved me, find something you like to do in the winter months. Whether it is an inside job like knitting or painting or if you are an active person try skiing or ice-skating. Having something to look forward to doing during this time of year, that you love, can make all the difference in the world!
- Get enough rest but don’t overdo it. Definitely watch your intake, eat foods that make you feel good, not make you regret or crash and burn. This has a huge effect on your overall health and can keep you in a much more positive vibe. Eating healthy and getting the right amount of sleep is always a plus!
- Taking vitamins, no matter what your diet is, may help you to feel better. Vitamin D is the sun vitamin, as your body naturally absorbs it form the sunlight. Adding this vitamin to your daily routine will help your bones AND your mood.
- Be close to nature! Even though it may be dreary or cold, going outside when you can always helps. Being closet to nature or the water has a calming affect on most of us and just breathing in fresh air is beneficial. Its fun to snuggle on the couch during the cold days but try to get that blood flowing too and go for a walk!
We wish you all the love and support through this cold time of year, but you always have us! Include Kenji’s activations in your daily routine and you can steer clear of a lot of ailments all together! Email us with any of your helpful hints too!! You deserve all the happiness in the world!!