My experience as a spiritual mentor has revealed some valuable truths about self-esteem and confidence and how they affect the process of spiritual growth. While self-esteem is something we often associate with ego and success in the material world, it can also profoundly affect a person’s advancement on a spiritual path.
As the New Earth unfolds, more and more people are awakening to a desire for spiritual growth. Self-esteem building is a good place to start for many of these new seekers on the path.
So, what is self-esteem and why is it important for spiritual growth?
Self-esteem is the value you put on yourself, or how you believe in yourself. This affects how you see yourself spiritually. Self-esteem is reflected in how you honor your own beliefs, opinions and perspectives.
Self-esteem has an effect on confidence as well. When you have a healthy, or high self-esteem, you have confidence in your decisions. You are more likely to take risks. You feel more secure in your actions. This has a profound effect on your life experience.
Spiritually speaking, self-esteem can be defined as a belief that you are as God/Source Creator created you.
When you are confident that you are a soul of God, that you are connected to the source of all creation, you are capable of miracles. You know you can accomplish ANYTHING when you are operating from your Divine Mind.
How can self-esteem be developed?
- Build a daily spiritual practice. Any spiritual practice, such as yoga, meditation, breathwork, etc. has the potential to help align your consciousness and awareness with ALL THAT IS. It can allow you to tap into the field of infinite possibility and potential, where limitations of the mind fall away. This is a powerful way to build a strong and unwavering belief in yourself.
- Eliminate (or minimize) distractions. Identify people, places, actions/behaviors and other things in your life that distract you from your goals, and create boundaries to protect the sacred space of your positive growth.
- Take care of your physical body. Make sure you are eating nutritious food, drinking clean water, exercising regularly and getting bodywork when you need it.
- Spend time in nature. Natural rhythms and frequencies have a subtle yet profound effect on us. Sunlight, fresh air and the sounds of nature help attune us to the vibration of our highest good.
- Project a positive vision of who you want to become in the future.
Some good questions to ask yourself when developing your self-esteem include:How do you want to be in the world?
How do you want to express yourself?
How do you desire to relate to others?
Hold these questions in your heart and mind while you engage in your spiritual practice. Create a space for the answers to come through an open, relaxed heart. Practice visualization from this openness of heart. Envision with FEELING and POWER that which you wish to manifest in the world, for your body and health, for your livelihood, and for your soul.
- Focus your thoughts and desires through an open heart with clear intention to attract the flow of source energy. Operate with the intention to see light and hope in every situation and experience. Have confidence that the universe is unfolding as it should and that even challenging circumstances are serving the purpose of bringing you closer to your spiritual goals.
This brings up a topic that is on our individual and collective minds these days… UNCERTAINTY.
It’s one of the reasons so many of us are awakening to a desire for something more. We want to know how to overcome the discomfort of uncertainty, and to be confident even when we are not sure what the future holds.
This is actually a good place to be!
How can uncertainty be a catalyst for developing self-esteem and confidence?
Most humans dislike uncertainty. We want to know that we are safe, that our needs will be met, and that our hopes and dreams will come to pass.
If you are experiencing discomfort in the uncertainty of the times, I’d like to offer a refreshing perspective on the topic that I hope will bring you peace of mind.
First and foremost, uncertainty doesn’t have to be scary. It can provide us with motivation to try something new. It gives us the OPPORTUNITY to build confidence and trust that the universe will provide what is optimal for our spiritual advancement.
We are challenged in times of uncertainty, and challenge inspires us to seek new, more dynamic ways of being.
Challenge brings out the best in us. It brings to the forefront the aspects of ourselves that are ready for healing and transformation. It encourages us to connect to our intuition and natural instincts, and to find answers within that come from the source of all being.
Your natural gifts are present in your LIFE PURPOSE BLUEPRINT. Your natural gifts are the things you do very well without any training or education. They are qualities that cannot be lost or stolen because they reside in your original 8 cells of creation and emanate from your heart center.
Uncertainty fosters the discovery of these innate skills, talents and abilities. These gifts, when developed properly, are the ultimate tools for a robust self-esteem that never fails because it is rooted in the source of all that is.
When you see uncertainty as a catalyst for cultivating self-esteem, confidence and spiritual understanding (using the actions listed above), you will welcome challenges with anticipation and joy.
I invite you to embark on a beautiful journey to affirm your innate value, grow your self-esteem and confidently become the miraculous being you were created to be!